My new website has just launched and I would love you to visit and let me know what you think: www.sherrybevan.co.uk.
I have wanted to change it for a while because it was strongly focussed on my corporate market, helping business services leaders in law firms perform effectively. However so much of my work now is helping mums in business or mums who want to go back to paid work after a career break – finding the right new career or starting their own business.
The talented Helen Taranowski of Helen Taranowski Design created it for me. I love what she’s done. I pretty much gave her free rein – I gave her some photos, the brand colours and my logo. She took it and developed something beautiful. A little ‘lighter’ in feel than my previous website. Still strong yet elegant.
However it got me to thinking about quotes on change as I reflected on how to introduce my new website to the world. In legal technology, we were always managing change: new technology, new processes, new equipment, new joiners … Technology moves so rapidly and of course every department in any large firm relies so much on technology – from the reception desk to HR to marketing.
Here are a few of my favourite quotes on change:
- You must be the change you wish to see in the world. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. ~ Maya Angelou
- To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often. ~ Winston Churchill
- Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. ~ Leo Tolstoy
- Optimists are usually wrong. But all the great change in history, positive change, was done by optimists. ~ Thomas Friedman
- I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. ~ Mother Teresa
- Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower. ~ Steve Jobs
- When you’re first thinking through an idea, it’s important not to get bogged down in complexity. Thinking simply and clearly, is hard to do. ~ Richard Branson
And one message that I think is so very powerful DON’T LET PERFECTION GET IN THE WAY OF ACTION. My new website needs some tweaks still and I could have waited until it was perfect, but quite honestly imperfect action moves you a lot faster than perfect inaction.
So if you are waiting for the perfect moment, don’t. Just DO IT. (But in the meantime, I’d love you to come and check out my website!)